• Description of new rights available to California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act
• Clarifying our practice not to sell personal information for monetary consideration
• Clarifying how personal information is shared for advertising related activities
Information Collected from Users
You share Information with us in various ways. For example:
• When you interact with us, for example by accessing our websites, using our mobile apps or calling customer service;
• When you email us, ask a question or comment to Mountain Steals or submit a customer review;
• When you create an account or make a wish list, information such as name, email, postal address, telephone number, and gender;
• When you make a purchase, billing and shipping addresses, including relevant e-mail, phone and credit card numbers and expiration dates;
• When you enter any Mountain Steals contests or other promotional features available on the Site.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
• Personal identifiers, such as name and address
• Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
• Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
• Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
• Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers, and claims information
• Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
• Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned
• Location information, such as geo-location information
• Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
• Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
You may set your Internet Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. If you prevent a cookie from being sent, you may limit the functionality Mountain Steals can provide you when you visit the Site, especially when purchasing an item on the Site.
"Do Not Track" Requests
Do Not Track is a voluntary program among Internet advertisers that is intended to give users the ability to opt out of behavioral targeting and advertising. At this time, we do not respond to "do not track" settings from browsers.
Use of Information
Mountain Steals uses the information collected from its Users to:
• Fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
• Create and maintain your account
• Conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
• Conduct marketing, personalization, and third party advertising
• Protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
• Update our operational and technical functionality
• Conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
• Conduct research and development
• Fulfill our legal function or obligations
Updating User Information
You may review your information and update or correct any errors. Users can also make choices about whether to receive special offers from Mountain Steals. If you would like to be removed from mailing lists or other promotional emails you can unsubscribe using the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email. You can also email us at Service@MountainSteals.com and we will take care of your request for you.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Mountain Steals may share Information as described below or with your consent.
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose.
We will share Information with our corporate affiliates, including within the Walmart Inc. family of companies, such as Walmart, Sam’s Club, and Jet.
We share Information with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and services.
Mountain Steals may disclose Information about our Users to others if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Mountain Steals or others. Mountain Steals may disclose Information to a third party in the event that another company acquires Mountain Steals or part of its assets, or in the event of reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation of our company.
From time to time, Mountain Steals may share your Information with other companies in order to provide you with a special offer or promotion that we think you will find valuable. Unless you specifically tell us that you do not want to receive these special offers (we can't imagine why), we may share your Information.
Advertising Related Activities:
We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (pseudonymous information includes things like: device identifier, type of device, IP addresses, cookies and other information associated with your browsing and app usage) with other companies, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics providers and others. We do not share information that directly identifies you (information such as name or email address) with these companies.
Option to Limit Sharing with Third Parties
We only share your Information with reputable companies who provide products or services that we believe interest our customers. Because we love you, and respect you, all Users can opt out of this sharing. If you do not want your Information shared with third parties outside our corporate family for their direct marketing purposes, send an e-mail to Service@MountainSteals.com or call Mountain Steals at 844.833.6921.
California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act:
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
1. You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
2. You can ask us to delete your personal information.
3. You can ask that we stop selling your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
1. What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
• The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
• The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
• A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
• A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
2. Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain website or in-store functions that require your personal information to operate. Deleting your personal information will not cancel memberships you have purchased.
3. Stop Selling My Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within our family of companies, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. For purposes of California law, all categories of personal information are transferred to third parties or within our family of companies. Such transfers may be considered a sale. If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers. If you are a California resident, to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” at the bottom of our home page to submit your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please click “Request for Personal Information” at the bottom of our home page or call 844.833.6921.
Your California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light
Our California customers have a legal right to inquire about the categories of personal information we share with third parties for their marketing purposes. We share personal information with our corporate family of companies, including Walmart and Jet. California customers may send those inquiries to us by email email@example.com to learn the categories of personal information that we may have shared during the prior calendar year.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Mountain Steals does not sell “covered information” for monetary consideration. If you have any questions about how your personal data is processed by Mountain Steals please contact us at Nevada.Privacy@MountainSteals.com and provide the following information: First name, last name, email and address.
Linked Internet Web Sites
The Site may provide links to third party websites not controlled by Mountain Steals. These hyperlinked third party websites may collect and disclose Information different than this Site. Mountain Steals is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through other websites, and Mountain Steals expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
The MountainSteals.com Site is not directed towards children under 13 years of age and Mountain Steals does not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age through the Site. Please contact us at Service@MountainSteals.com if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our website and we will work to delete it.
Because we love you, this Site has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control, including credit card information that is submitted to Mountain Steals. These measures may include physical and technical security access controls or other safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Applicable Law/International Issues
Mountain Steals Customer Service
PO Box 71460
Madison Heights, MI 48071
You can also refer to our FAQ.