"In Stock" means this item is ready to ship. Orders placed before 3pm EST using a ship speed of 1 Day, 2 Days, or 3 Days will ship SAME DAY. Orders using 4-6 Day ship speed will ship within one business day.
"Ship Date" means we will special-order the product for you, and this is the date we expect your shipment to leave our warehouse.
"Oversized" means the item is large and can only be shipped using 4-6 Day ship speed. Additional shipping charges may apply.
"Freight" means the item is too large for standard shipping methods, and must be shipped by truck freight for an additional fee. Someone must be present to inspect, sign, and accept delivery, so we will call you to schedule delivery.
If you have any questions, please call 844-833-6921
The Scarpa Vapor Climbing Shoe is a lace up climbing shoe for trad routes. An asymmetric shape and stiff, moderate downturned profile keeps your feet sticking on tiny ledges and cracks. The Vibram® XS Edge rubber outsole is 3.5mm thick and sticky for gripping rock.
Products on Sale are Discontinued Styles or Colors.
Rated 4 out of
Billy G from
Comfy shoes[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have a pair of Scarpa Instinct VS; they're excellent for bouldering and short sport climbs, but they're too uncomfortable to keep on while belaying or for long multi-pitch routes. I thought these would be good for those days. So far, I like them. I love laces, I can get them to fit just right (once the rubber is warm), and they are comfortable to wear on flat ground. I think I should've gone up half a size, though. Both pairs of shoes are 42, (I wear 43 street) and I think 42.5 would've been more comfortable in these shoes (42 is perfect for me in the Instincts.)
Also; the rubber is a lot firmer than the Instincts and more supportive, so my feet still feel big and clumbsy 6-7 sessions on.
Date published: 2019-12-09
Rated 5 out of
Perfect shoe for me[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I tried on about a dozen different climbing shoes before settling on this one, here's why:
- 9.5 E on the brannock device; pretty flat feet
Size I bought:
- Intermediate gym climber
Other shoes I tried (not knocking them, they just weren't 100% right for me):
- La Sportiva: Genius, Futura, Miura, Miura VS, Katana, Testarosa (almost all the sportiva shoes were too narrow, only the Genius and Testarosa fit well for me and they are both too aggressive for me)
- Scarpa: Vapor VS, Instinct Lace (liked the VS, but the lace is stiffer)
- Evolve: Shaman (good width, but extremely aggressive downturn)
Why I chose this shoe:
- I have a wide, flat, uneven feet (right is wider than left and left is longer than right), but have a low volume heel, this shoe has a wide toe box and a tight heel which was perfect. The laces also make it really adjustable.
- Fit is great for me: width is snug and confidence inspiring both front and back, length is perfect (minor toe curl), and the heel is really tight. The shoe slips on and
makes that satisfying suction sound as the heel gets sucked into place.
- I wanted a shoe with good stiffness, low to moderate downturn. I mostly use this for rope climbing in the gym
- Wanted an unlined leather shoe to control the smell
- Looks pretty cool IMO
- I bought them in my street shoe size, but they seemed to be much tighter than any of my street shoes in that size (can't really walk around in them without killing my toes, need to pop off the heel after a few climbs)
- I'm still breaking them in, but from what I'm told these don't stretch that much and I haven't noticed much stretch after ~10 hours of gym time.
Date published: 2018-05-15
Rated 5 out of
Solid lace up[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have ridiculously high arches and having a lace up works best for me. These fit the bill. I've had them for a couple months and they aren't showing significant wear. I'd be sure to try them on in-store cause sizing varies